A toner is a blessing for one’s skin. Used between cleansing and moisturizing, a toner helps the facial skin have a balanced pH level. Additionally, it can also help reduce the pores on the skin and gives a natural glow.
However, not all toners are suitable for all skin types. Some toners are made with chemical ingredients, which can be harsh for the skin. Thus, one has to make sure to use toners that are made with natural ingredients. People who have sensitive skin should take extra care while choosing their toner.
A cucumber-based toner
Speaking of natural ingredients, one of the best toners is the one made with cucumber as the primary ingredient. Cucumber is a vegetable known for its cooling effects. Thus, a cucumber toner soothes the skin well.
Here are some notable benefits of using cucumber toner.
- It is alcohol-free and can hence help with preventing dryness.
- It is soothing on the skin because of its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- It can be used daily to control the excess oil on the skin.
- It tightens pores on the skin by cleansing it of toxins.
A toner is generally used to remove makeup and dirt from the skin. Thus, the toner you choose must be gentle on the skin.
SPF cream for skin protection
The sun rays carry UVA and UVB rays which can harm the skin. To keep the skin protected, one must choose a daily cream that protects against harmful rays. Again, it is important to consider a product that is made with natural ingredients.
Given below are some desirable natural ingredients in an SPF cream.
- Aloe vera extract – This ingredient provides a soothing effect on the skin. It helps in hydration as well.
- Jojoba oil – With plenty of Vitamin E and fatty acids, jojoba oil, nourishes the skin well. Vitamin E protects the skin from damage that UV rays cause.
- Licorice – Most of the creams exhibit antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties because of this ingredient. Sometimes, the skin can turn red because of overexposure to the sun. Then, licorice helps rehydrate the skin and hold the moisture.
- Saffron – It is yet another natural ingredient that protects the skin from harmful UV rays.
An SPF cream is required during all seasons, not only summer. Before buying the product, one must check whether it is free from parabens. Also, it is preferred to use a cream that does not look greasy on the skin.
Read More: How To Make Selfies With Dorian Rossini
Finding the right SPF cream
Like any other skincare product, it takes some patience and effort to find the best product for your skin. Here are some tips.
- Look for creams that have natural ingredients. Unless the user has some allergies, natural ingredients do not generally react with the skin.
- It is recommended to extend support for cruelty-free products. Unfortunately, there are still many brands that test their products on animals.
- An SPF cream that is free from parabens and other chemicals is the best option.
Feel free to use the guidelines above while choosing a product for skincare.