Is your Netgear device performing poorly? Are you not able to access the orbilogin.net administrative page? Is the firmware of your device not getting updated? If the answer to all these questions is a big YES, then know that there isn’t anything to worry about. Why? Because we’ve got the perfect way to troubleshoot the issues that you’re facing with your device. And that is, performing Orbi factory reset.
In this article, we’ll provide you with the two methods through which you can reset your Orbi device and get rid of all the issues that have been giving you a hard time. The first is by pressing the Reset button and the second is by accessing the web user interface of your Netgear Orbi device. So, without any further ado, scroll down, and read on.
Here Are the Two Ways to Perform Netgear Orbi Factory Reset:
- By Pushing the Reset Button
The first method to restore your WiFi device to its factory default settings is quite simple. Wondering how? Well, this method requires you to simply press a button located at the bottom of your Netgear Orbi device.
To be more specific, here are the step-by-step guidelines that you need to follow:
- First of all, ensure that your Orbi device is receiving enough power supply.
- The power cable that you’re using should be free of damages.
- Then, check whether the Orbi router and modem are well connected.
- You can use an Ethernet cable to connect both your device if you want.
- Once you’ve taken care of these two things, look for the Reset button.
- Don’t forget, it’s usually located at the bottom of the WiFi device.
- Once found, take an oil pin or any sharp object for that matter.
Quick Tip: Other sharp objects include, paper clip, toothpick, and much more.
- Carefully press the Reset button with the object in your hand.
- Hold the button for approximately 10 seconds and release the button then.
- Give your device a couple of minutes to get restored to its default values.
Now that you know how to reset your Netgear Orbi by pressing the Reset button, it’s time that you get familiar with the second method through which you can restore your device to its factory default settings.
- 2. By Accessing the Orbilogin.net Web Page
Another way through which you can get rid of all the issues that you’re facing with your Orbi device is by accessing its web user interface. In order words, you need to go to the orbilogin web page to perform Orbi factory reset.
Here are the instructions that you need to go through in order to reset your Netgear Orbi:
- *Verify that your Netgear Orbi router has access to a strong internet connection.
- *Next, open Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox on your laptop.
- *Enter the default IP address in the URL fields of the web browser.
- *Press the Enter key before moving on to the next step.
- *Enter the login username and password and go to the Settings option.
- *You can refer to the Netgear manual for the default login details.
Note: You can also use the default web address to perform Netgear Orbi factory reset.
- *Select the Backup Settings section.
- *Navigate to the Erase option under ‘Restore Device to Factory Default Settings.’
- *A dialogue box will appear asking for your confirmation.
- *Click on Yes to process further.
Now, within a minute or two, your Netgear Orbi device will get restored to its factory default settings. On the off chance, if it doesn’t, then feel free to reach our experts at any hour of the day. They are available 24/7 to clear all your doubts and answer all your queries.