Hackers nowadays have no time to rest when it comes to hacking wireless networks. If you think that the network of your tplinkrepeater is safe, then you are wrong. But, worry not. To help you safeguard your home WiFi network, we have mentioned some tips in this post. Thus, wait no more, and give this article a read.
How to Secure TP Link Range Extender Network?
Change the WiFi Password
Start securing the network of your TP Link extender by changing its WiFi password. It is one of the easiest ways to keep hackers or unauthorized users at bay.
Follow the instructions mentioned below and learn how to change the WiFi password of your TP Link range extender:
- Get hold of an Ethernet cable.
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the TP Link extender and another to the existing router.
- Switch on your PC.
- Launch an internet browser of your choice.
- In the URL bar of the internet browser, type the default web or IP address of your WiFi device.
- Press the Enter key.
- On the http tplinkrepeater net page, fill in the default admin details.
- Click Log In.
- On the TP Link extender setup wizard, go to Wireless > Wireless Settings.
- Enter the new WiFi password you want your extender to have.
- Click Save.
With that, you will be able to change the WiFi password of your TP Link range extender. In case you need to understand the process in detail, refer to the user manual.
Hide Network Name (SSID)
Think about it: what is the first thing that lures hackers in to access your WiFi network and steal your personal data? Its network name (SSID).
Therefore, consider hiding the network name of your TP Link range extender. Trust us, after doing so, no unauthorized user will be able to trouble you.
Performing TP Link extender firmware update is another way through which you can prevent your WiFi network from getting hacked. The reason being, updating the firmware of your device ensures that it gets equipped with new security features.
Walk through the below-mentioned instructions in order to update the firmware of your extender to the latest version:
- Download the latest firmware version for your device.
- Thereafter, extract the firmware file to a folder.
- Open an internet browser on your PC.
- Log in to your TP Link extender using the default username and password.
- Select System Tools > Firmware Upgrade.
- Click Save.
In a minute or two, the firmware of your TP-Link range extender will get updated to the latest version.
Note: You can also use the TP Link Tether app to update the firmware of your extender.
Set Up Guest Network
We are sure that you get asked for your home WiFi password whenever guests visit your home. And, we are also certain about the fact that you feel scared while sharing your WiFi password as any virus can infect your network and leave the door open for hackers to come and go at their discretion.
To help you get rid of this issue, we suggest that you set up a Guest Network on your TP Link wireless extender. Take the help of the following steps in order to configure a Guest Network on your device:
- Log in to your TP Link extender using the default login credentials.
- Once logged in, go to Guest Network.
- Check the box of relative entry. Doing so will help you limit network authorities.
- Click Save.
Within a few seconds, the changes that you have made will become effective.
Turn Off Your Extender
Whether you have performed TP Link AC750 setup or configured any other extender model at home, it is recommended that you turn it off when not in use or every time you go out. This one little thing is enough to safeguard your home WiFi network.
We wrap up our guide to secure the network of a TP Link range extender. We hope that after following the tips mentioned above, you will be able to protect your home WiFi network and close the door for hackers, indirectly signaling them to stay out of your WiFi.