Netgear Nighthawk extender is very useful in boosting your existing WiFi range throughout your house. But, what’s this? Netgear Nighthawk extender stops working suddenly. Well, need not to worry! In such a case, your extender needs to be reset back to the default factory settings. Resetting Netgear Nighthawk
Don’t know how to reset Netgear extender? Worry not! In this post, we will guide you with the same. Continue reading!
How to Reset Netgear Nighthawk Extender?
There are 2 methods to reset Netgear Nighthawk extender. Both of them are listed below. Just go through them one by one.
How to Soft Reset Netgear Extender?
To soft reset Netgear extender, follow the instructions listed below:
- First things first, turn on a PC or laptop.
- Open an internet browser.
Note: To prevent any login issues, it is suggested to use the up-to-date version of web browser only.
3. Enter www.mywifiext.net in the address bar.
Note: To prevent mywifiext.net not working issue, don’t forget to clear the browsing history from the internet browser. Also, do not enter the web address in the web browser’s search bar.
4. Fill in the extender’s username and password.
Note: If you have changed the Netgear extender login details, it is recommended to use them.
5. Click on the Log In button.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to reset your Netgear Nighthawk extender using the soft reset method.
Thus, your Netgear Nighthawk extender has been reset using the soft reset method. Now, what’s next? You need to perform the Netgear Nighthawk extender setup again.
How to Hard Reset Netgear Extender?
To hard reset Netgear extender, follow the instructions outlined underneath:
- 1. Disconnect your Netgear Nighthawk extender from your main router, PC, laptop, and mobile phone.
- 2. Ensure that your Netgear Nighthawk extender is properly plugged in and receiving adequate power supply.
- 3. Locate the reset hole on your Netgear Nighthawk extender.
- 4. Push it using a thin, pointed, and small object.
- 5. Hold the Netgear Nighthawk extender reset hole and release it.
Your Netgear Nighthawk extender has successfully reset using the hard reset method.
As soon as you are done with the reset process, please perform the Netgear Nighthawk setup process again.
For the Netgear Nighthawk extender setup process, you have to ensure that you have the extender’s WiFi network name (SSID), password (network key), channel number, and the security settings handy with you.
Wondering about how to get all the information? Wonder no more! Simply see the Netgear extender manual. In case, you don’t have the Netgear extender manual or fail to get all such information for any reason, simply get in touch with our technical department right away.
Once you are done with the Netgear Nighthawk setup process after resetting your extender, you can unplug it and move it to your preferred location. While choosing the best place for your Netgear extender, keep the following points into consideration:
- 1. Keep the Netgear Nighthawk extender closer to your main router or access point.
- 2. Do not choose a place your Netgear extender in a congested area like corners, walls, windows, under a table or inside a cabinet.
- 3. To prevent signal-interference, avoid placing your Netgear Nighthawk extender in reach of your neighboring WiFi.
- 4. The center and higher location in your home is the best place for your Netgear Nighthawk extender.
- 5. Download the Netgear Nighthawk app to know the best placement for your WiFi extender.
- 6. For Netgear Nighthawk app setup, get in touch with our competent technical experts.
That’s a Wrap
Our guide on how to reset the Netgear Nighthawk extender ends here. In case of any doubts or queries, feel free to reach out to us anytime via comments. Our technical executives are 24×7 available to help you.