Have you recently started a contractor business? If yes, then you must have substantially invested in heavy machinery and equipment for construction. Right? During construction, plants and machinery remain at high risk of damage and loss.
And since these are one the biggest and most expensive investments, you might not be able to cover their loss in case of any mishap. So it becomes necessary for you to ensure their safety. And plant and equipment insurance is the best way to do that.
This policy is specifically designed for contractors who want to cover the equipment they own or have leased. Let’s discover what all factors your insurance policy must cover and how to choose the best insurer:
Factors Necessary To Be Covered Under Plant And Equipment Insurance
Many people say that the first step towards shopping for a plant and machinery insurance policy is determining the right insurer. But that’s absolutely wrong. The first thing you need to do is make sure that the insurance policy you choose must offer features and cover the following aspects of your business:
- Your insurance policy must cover all the possible mishaps, including damages through accidents, fire, riots, burglary etc.
- Your policy must be easy to customise. So make sure your insurance provides you with the feature of selecting plant, machinery or equipment according to your choice rather than covering your whole business in one package.
- Some insurance policies cover your equipment only during the time they are working. And that’s something you need to be very precise about. Insurance policy should also cover your equipment when they are on rest so that you don’t have to stress about their damage in any situation.
- The policy you purchase must cover the current replacement value of your plant and equipment.
- There must be a proper chart of total and partial damages that your insurance covers rather than an estimated lump sum value.
So now, when you know what all things and factors must be included in your insurance policy, it’s time to find the insurer who can offer it to you.
How To Choose Reliable Plant And Equipment Insurance Company That You Can Trust
Anyone who has been in your position- looking for reliable plant and equipment insurance- will tell you how tough and overwhelming it is to determine the right one. With so many insurers available in the market, offering a variety of attractive deals, it seems like an impossible task to pick the best company. To make your job easier and less stressful here are some tips that you must follow:
- Asking for a reference is one of the easiest ways to find a good insurance company. If you know someone who is in the same business or industry as you- it could be any friend or acquaintance- ask them about the insurance company they work with and if they are worth your time and money. They will definitely recommend you if they had some good time there.
- If you have already shortlisted some candidates you would like to go for, start by checking the reviews and testimonials on their website or at Google Reviews. Also, make sure they are clear about the terms and conditions. You don’t want to be in a bad situation because of some unclear TNC you have mistakenly agreed upon.
To keep your plants and machinery safe and secured from damage, make sure to cover them with plant and equipment insurance as soon as possible. With the tips we have shared above, we hope you find a reliable and right insurer for your business. Tips time to get to work and try about these tips now!