Setting up an Orbi WiFi system is all about bidding adieu to dead zones and accessing a blazing-fast internet connection. But, it can be troublesome if the Orbi router is unable to detect the satellite. If you’ve also performed Orbi setup in your home and are having a tough time connecting your Netgear Orbi router with the satellite, then read this article. Here, we will guide you on what to do if your Netgear Orbi router is unable to detect the satellite. Continue reading.
Before we provide the troubleshooting tips, let’s have a look at the reasons that have led you to the ‘Netgear Orbi router can’t find satellite ‘ issue.
Reasons: Orbi Router Can’t Find Satellite
- Your Netgear Orbi router and the satellite are placed at an inappropriate distance.
- You haven’t synced your Netgear Orbi devices properly.
- Outdated firmware of your Orbi WiFi router.
Moving on, let’s have a look at the troubleshooting hacks to resolve the ‘Netgear Orbi router can’t find satellite’ issue in hand.
Fixed: Orbi Router Can’t Find Satellite
- Reduce the Distance Between Orbi Devices
As mentioned earlier, an inappropriate distance between your Orbi devices can lead you to the ‘Netgear Orbi router can’t find satellite’ issue. To fix this, make sure that the distance between your Netgear Orbi router and the satellite should not be more than required. Therefore, place your Orbi devices within range.
- Sync Your Orbi Devices
Chances are that you forgot to press the Sync button on your router and the satellite during the Netgear Orbi setup. So, to get the issue resolved, you need to sync your Orbi devices as soon as possible.
To sync your Netgear Orbi router and the satellite, carefully press the Sync button on both devices. Wait patiently and let your Orbi devices sync. If syncing both devices also fails to fix the issue, then move to the next troubleshooting hack.
- Perform Netgear Firmware Update
Since the firmware controls the overall functionality of your Netgear Orbi router, it is necessary to perform firmware update timely. Go through the instructions given below to update the firmware of your Netgear Orbi router:
- First of all, download the latest firmware version file for your Orbi router on your PC and save it at the desired location.
- Now, access the Netgear Orbi login page and log in to your router.
- Once you reach the Netgear Genie dashboard, click Advanced > Administration > Firmware Update.
- Thereafter, select the Manual Update tab and upload the firmware file.
- Your Netgear Orbi router will get upgraded to its latest version.
Now, check if your Orbi router is still endeavoring to connect to the satellite. If yes, then you might have performed partial Orbi setup. So, it is time to opt for the reset process.
- Reset Your Router
To restore your Netgear router to factory default settings, look for the Reset button. Once found, press it with the help of a sharp object. Your Orbi router will get restored to factory default settings.
Do not forget to reconfigure your Orbi router after resetting it. This time you’ll definitely be able to fix the issue.
Here’s to the hope that with the help of the aforementioned tips, your Netgear Orbi router will be able to find the satellite. Thanks for reading the article.