Did you ever feel bored about your interior while walking in your home?
Researchers have shown that the room condition we are living in can very much affect our mood. Also, it can affect our mindset for a longer amount of time. Like if you’ve had a messy room with very low space, then it might bother you from being productive. Also, it can bring stress and anxiety seriously. But on the other hand, a clean organised room will allow us to be productive in our work. It also provides relaxation to our mind and refreshes our mood.
If you’re someone who is fed up with the same room conditions from years ago and want to modify the room like a new one it’ll be a great idea then. But a sudden decision of home renovation can shock your pocket very badly. If you’re facing this issue right now, then we’ve some good solutions for you.
In this article, we are going to share a few low budget home modification ideas that’ll help you to make it without harming your monthly savings.
So let’s get started,
- Paint like a new: If you want to change the overall look of your interior, the first and most important thing you can do is change the colour of your house. Painting is a very fun job. Also, it’ll be very suitable for budgets. But before going to the supermarket, you’ve to give yourself time for the colour selection. Well, we can help you with that.
As per the researchers and professional home experts, the colour psychology of home can affect our mood so much, so you should choose it wisely. In that case, if you have a room that is very short in space, you can choose a lighter colour as your primary colour. A lighter colour will add illusions of a big space. Also if you want to play with colours, use a much darker colour on the bottom of the room as the furniture colour. The contrast will complement your house space for sure.
On the other hand, if you’re home with a large space and enough sunlight, then you can play with several colour options. You can try 3 colour rules where your ceiling colour could be white and paint the warmer shade of it on the other three walls. After that add more of the opposite colour to the other opposite side of the wall. It’ll add a colour balance to your room.
- Change furniture positions: Changing your furniture positions in your room can make so many possibilities of changes. You can make your own space if needed. Also, it’ll help you by providing a new vibe in your living lifestyle. So when it comes to changing position, first but most importantly you need a plan. Draw a room map where you must put some walking space, a comfort corner or side, an entertainment place and a place of gossiping if you invite people to your house. So if you’ve your TV right in front of your sofa, you can move it to another cosy place and it can be a chair or bean bag. Also if you lack space, you can make some space between your TV and sofa to put a glass table between. It’ll be a gossip table for you and your guests. Such little changes can make a big difference to your room.
- Add wall art: Did you feel something empty in your room. It can happen because of the empty walls. Never try to cover yourself with furniture or any hanging showpieces. It’ll make your space even shorter. Instead of these, you can set some wall art on your empty wall. As for art, you can consider some canvas or posters that inspire you in your hard times. Or if you have no such special options, don’t worry, you can consider abstract pieces instead. Abstract art is something that hits your mind subconsciously by adding a colour contrast on the wall. In that case, you can choose two or tricolour patterned paintings. But always make sure the colour should complement your wall. For that, you can simply use some deeper shade of the colour of your wall.
- Showcase your collections: Sometimes people make collections for their loving things. It can be your antiques, music records, books or anything you love. If you are one of the people, it’s the correct time to show them off. Instead of a full covered wardrobe, use half of that as a showcase. If you can hire a carpenter, then you can make your custom design with glasses. Put your collections in alignment as colours. Or if you are not one of those people I just mentioned, don’t worry we got you. Instead of having a collection, you can show your plates and glass cupboards in your showcase. Choose some of your most favourite cupboards and decorate them in the showcase. You can add some small showpieces to make up the extra places in the showcase.
- Add a quicky mirror: If you want a mirror in your home then let me tell you, you can use it for so many changing purposes in the room. One of the most important is light. Daylight is something that creates a lot of positive vibes in your room. It attracts positivity in your mind. So if you have a short space in your room or your room lacks lights then don’t worry about it, you can make it over by adding a mirror. Firstly find out which wall is the maximum light source of your house. On the opposite wall, you can add a mirror facing the corner of your room that doesn’t get enough light. Not just mirrors, you can add mirror glass showpieces on the wall. It’ll surely do the same work as a full mirror.
These were some small budget-friendly and easiest ways of changes that you can do in your room to make some big changes into it.
MARWOOD CONSTRUCTION is a high-end residential & commercial construction expert providing specialized general contracting services to clients in Houston, Texas. This licensed general contractor offers design-to-build services solutions for the most challenging new build and renovation needs.