Joining the Pakistan Army as an officer is a dream of every patriot. After completing Intermediate/A-Levels, almost every male student thinks about giving a test for PMA Long Course 148. The Pakistan army is considered one of the best-armed forces in the world. To become a part of the most reputed force, the candidates are selected through a challenging process to become outclass officers.
Do not miss the chance to serve the motherland with patriotism, as registrations are open now!
Following are the broad induction criteria for regular commission in the Pakistan army through PMA Long Course:
- Candidates with a minimum of 55% marks in FA/FSc or equivalent are eligible to apply.
- Graduates who secure 60% marks with 50% marks in FA/FSc are also eligible to apply.
- Serving army soldiers who have passed FA/FSc with 50% marks can apply.
- Only unmarried male candidates can apply for PMA. For married candidates, army personnel over 20 years of age can apply.
- The PMA Long Course applicant should be a citizen of Pakistan. Domicile holders of Azad Kashmir/Gilgit Baltistan can also apply.
- Minimum height must be 5’-4’’ (162.5 cm) with weight as per Body Mass Index (BMI)
- The candidate must be both physically as well as mentally fit.
- The candidate must be medically fit.
What are the age requirements for PMA Long Course 148?
- For Intermediate/Equivalent, age must be 17-22 Years (3 Months Relaxation)
- Candidates holding bachelor’s degrees must be of age 17-24 Years (No Age relaxation)
- Graduates having a 4-Year degree in BS/BA (Hons)/BBA/BPA must be of age 17-24 Years (No age relaxation)
- The serving army soldiers should be 17-25 Years with no age relaxation.
Can girls join Pakistan Army?
Girls are not eligible to apply for PMA. They can join Pak Army through AFNS after completing FSc (pre-medical) or through Lady Cadet Course (LCC).
- Official Advertisement
Firstly, check the latest announcement for the induction of the Pakistan army. Do not rely on self-assumption and rumors. Check the official website of Join Pak Army daily. Identifying the positions that best suits your interest is the first step to recruitment.
You can register yourself either online or by visiting the nearest Army Selection and Recruitment Centres (AS&RCs)
Once you register, you will give a written test. This is the first and foremost crucial stage of further selection. The preliminary tests for PMA Long Course 148 will start from June-July 2021. The written tests will be based on Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) with questions on:
- Verbal Intelligence
- Non-Verbal Intelligence
- General Knowledge
- Pakistan Studies
- Medical Examination
After clearing the written test, the candidate undergoes Medical Tests. The medical examinations include initial medical checkups, diabetes, cholesterol level, eyesight, and blood pressure.
- Physical Test
Candidates medically fit will then have to pass the physical tests. The physical test determines the strength, focus, and stamina of the candidate. The task in the physical examination includes:
- Run – 1.6 Km (8 Minutes)
- Push-ups-15 Reps (2 Minutes)
- Sit-ups – 20 Reps (2 Minutes)
- Chin-ups – 3 Reps (2 Minutes)
- Ditch Crossing – 7’.4” x 7’.4” & 4’ deep.
The suitable candidates are shortlisted after carefully administered testing. The extensive interview process includes:
- Checking confidence and expression of the candidate
- Knowledge about Current Affairs, Geography and Pakistan Studies
- The outlook of the candidate
- Hobbies and interests in extracurricular activities
- Any other aspect that the National Security and War Course (NSWC) may assume.
- Final Selection
The final selection of the candidates is based upon their performance and Merit at General Headquarters (GHQ). Candidates are notified about their selection via email after 5 days.
How to Apply for PMA Long Course 148?
- You can register online on the official website of Join Pak Army. The PMA long course 148 registration 2021 is from April 17-May 17, 2021.
- The AS&RCs (Army Selection and Recruitment Centers) are in major cities of Pakistan. You can also register by visiting the nearest Army recruitment Centre.
Which book is best for PMA?
To score well in the initial test, practice with every portion of the test. On the contrary, use the following resources for smart and effective preparation.
1. Intelligence Tests Book
The intelligence tests book by Dogar Brothers is an authentic resource for preparing PMA Long Course 148. Being the best practice book, it also has success notes, practice tests, and solved examples of both verbal and non-verbal.
Prominent features of this book are:
- Practice tests for verbal and non-verbal intelligence with explanatory answers
- 1000+ practice questions for good preparation
- Test notes
2. PMA Initial + ISSB Test Guide Package
Confident enough that you are going to ace the initial and will be called for ISSB? This package is for you. The package includes guidebooks for PMA Long Course 148 and ISSB with an online learning program.
Inside the PMA Initial Guide by Dogar Brothers:
- Essential Information including eligibility condition, selection procedure, and E-Test.
- Sample Test of Verbal and non-verbal Intelligence portion
- Academic Test
- ISSB Sample Test
- Success notes for intelligence test
- PMA Practice tests for academic, verbal, and non-verbal
Sample Questions of Verbal Intelligence Test
- During a blizzard, the snow gathered on the ground every 6 inches per hour. How much time would 5 ft of snow take to accumulate?
- 8 Hours
- 10 Hours
- 12 Hours
- 9 Hours
- 20 Hours
- What will come next?
CC BB CC DD CC EE CC
- What is the opposite of cynicism?
- Give the most sensible answer. There is no place like:
- What will come next in the series?
X V S O?
Register Yourself Today!
The long-awaited PMA long course 148 registration 2021 is now opened. So, register yourself today. Buck up and start with the initial test preparation.