Netgear routers have made it extremely easy for its users to enjoy the seamless internet connectivity. But the Netgear router setup process can be a rocket science for many users. Need not to worry! Here, in this post, we are going to sum up some easy and effective ways that will make you learn how to set up the Netgear router using your modem with ease.
Configuring it using the default Netgear router IP or routerlogin.net web address will help you fill in the dead zones in your home.
While Netgear routers are very easy to use, yet 4 out of 5 users find it a daunting task to set it up. If you are also sailing on the same boat, here’s how to set up Netgear router in no time.
Let’s dive in!
How to Set Up Netgear Router Manually?
- First things first, plug your Netgear router into a working wall outlet and turn it on.
- During the initial Netgear router setup, it is recommended to place the device closer to your modem. Once the Netgear router setup gets completed, you can relocate it as per your preferences.
- Now, grab an Ethernet cable and connect your Netgear router to your modem. To avoid any issues during the setup process, it is recommended to use an Ethernet cable that is in working condition.
- Once you’re done, turn on your PC or laptop and connect it to your router’s WiFi network.
- Thereafter, open an internet browser as per your liking.
- Type Netgear router IP or routerlogin.net in the browser’s address bar.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will be taken to the Netgear router login page.
- Fill in the default Netgear router login credentials into the required fields.
- Click on Log In once you’re done.
- The dashboard of your Netgear router will appear.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and configure your Netgear router with ease.
That’s it! In this way, you can complete the Netgear router setup process. Found the manual method a bit tricky? Don’t sweat over it. If you don’t want to use the manual method to set up your Netgear router, use the Nighthawk app and follow the instructions highlighted below.
How to Set up Netgear Router Using Nighthawk App?
Here are the steps required that you need to follow in order to set up your Netgear router using the Nighthawk app without any hassle. So, let’s get started, shall we?
- Right off the bat, make sure to place your Netgear router and modem in close proximity.
- Once you’re done, plug in your Netgear router and modem to a working power outlet.
- Wait for a few minutes till the power LED on your Netgear router and modem becomes stable.
- Now, connect your Netgear router to your modem using an Ethernet cable.
- Turn on an Android or an iOS device.
- Connect the device to the router’s WiFi and open Play Store or App Store.
- Once the app opens, type “Nighthawk App” (without quotes) in the search bar.
- Download and install the Nighthawk app on your device.
- Click on the positive responses and complete the Netgear router setup process in no time.
- Unplug your Netgear router and place it to a location of your choice where you want to expand the WiFi signals.
- Try connecting your PC, laptop, or mobile phone to the extended WiFi network and have access to the Netgear router login page to check if your router has connected to the modem or not.
So, here ends our guide on how to set up your Netgear router using your modem. We hope that this post has helped you make your Netgear router up and running. In the event that you get stuck at any step, feel free to get in touch with our experts.